Starting Lines of Speech in English
Beginning a speech It is important, but starting a speech in a memorable way is most important, so you always try to start your speech or presentation in a memorable way. In this article, we’ll talk with you about some of the most memorable ways to make your speech effective for your audience.
For the best performance in your speech or presentation, you have prepared well for it, and you know the moment has come. You have stood at the podium in front of your audience with confidence that today you will give the best speech of your life. There are a lot of ways to start your speech, like “hello everyone.”
- Hello Everyone…
- Hi Everyone…
- Good Morning Everyone…
- Hello Everyone…
- Thank you so much, it’s a pleasure to be here
- Thanks for coming
Different Effectively Way to Start Speech or Presentation
- Quote:- Opening with a relevant quote can help set the tone for the rest of your speech.
- Powerful Statement/Phrase:- A statement or phrase can catch the audience’s attention by keeping them guessing as to what you’re about to say next.
- Silence:- A pause, whether two seconds or 10 seconds, allows your audience to sit and quiet down.
- Question:- Ask a rhetorical or literal question. When someone is posed with a question, whether an answer is called for or not, that person intuitively answers.
- Amazing or shocking fact : – Starting a speech with amazing facts catch the audience attention.
Start a speech with power and confidence
- Starting a speech: Prepare to be yourself!
- Starting a speech: First words count
- Starting a speech: Telling your story
- Starting a speech: Trying different approaches
- Starting a speech: Reconnecting with yourself
Never Start a Speech with the Following
- Is this microphone working?
- Can you hear me?
- Wow, these lights are bright!
- Your nervousness.
- I’m so nervous right now!
- Wow there are so many people here.
- I’m not a great public speaker.
- Thanks for having me.
- Thanks for that intro.
- Nice to be here.
Example of Some Opening Lines of Talk
“Hi. My name is Cameron Russell, and for the last little while, I’ve been a model.”
“Good morning. How are you? It’s been great, hasn’t it? I’ve been blown away by the whole thing. In fact, I’m leaving.”
“So I want to start by offering you a free, no-tech life hack, and all it requires of you is this: that you change your posture for two minutes.”
“So, I’ll start with this: a couple years ago, an event planner called me because I was going to do a speaking event.”
“All right. I’m going to show you a couple of images from a very diverting paper in The Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine.”