Answer the Phone Professionally
Hi, this is John Jones.
Hi, this is Rebecca Andrews. Is this Mr. Roy?
Addressing the Interviewer
This is still a great time to chat, Mrs. Swanson. Thank you for asking.
How to begin a phone interview when the interviewer calls you
1. Get prepared for your phone interview
2. Answer the call in a professional manner and introduce yourself
Example: “Hello, this is Sachin. I’ve been looking forward to speaking with you, Ms. Jaiswal.”
3. Before you hang up, address the interviewer by name
Example: “Thanks again, Dr. Seber, for taking the time to discuss the job with me.”
How to start a phone interview when initiating the call
1. Greet the individual who answers the call
Example: “Hi, I’m Gemma, and I’m calling for a scheduled phone interview for the accounts payable clerical position.”
2. Ask for the appropriate individual
Example: “Hello, I’m Gemma Rutherford, and I’m calling for a scheduled interview for the accounts payable clerical position. May I speak with Jackie Renshaw, please?”
3. Thank the interviewer for speaking with you
Example: “Hi, Ms. Renshaw, this is Gemma, and I’m calling for the scheduled phone interview I have with you today. Thank you so much for taking the time to speak with me.”