How to Speak Proper English?
Are you looking for a shortcut to becoming fluent in English? Well, what if I say there is no major secret behind speaking perfect English fluently.
Today, Let’s Learn 3 useful tips to help you learn to speak English more fluently in less time
1. Improve Pronunciation
- Talk to a professional English speaker. Education is by no means the most important part of learning English correctly, but extensively educated people often have a strong understanding of grammatical and syntactic rules.
Talk to a teacher, family member, stranger, or other professional to hear your English pronunciation.
2. Use the Correct Grammer
- Include the subject, verb, and object in the sentence. Sentences can be as long and complex as they are created, but they need to contain three main components to be classified as a sentence.
The subject is usually a noun that does something described by a verb. Object words change verbs. In the sentence “He got a degree”, “he” is the subject, “get” is the verb, and “degree” is the object.
In “I like rice pudding,” “she” is the subject, “like” is the verb, and “rice pudding” is the object.
- Use a pronoun that matches the noun. Pronouns are words that you use instead of the names of people, places, things, or ideas. The use of a person’s name or object description can be repetitive, so replace it with pronouns such as “she,” “he,” and “it.”
If the noun is plural, use the plural pronoun.For the singular form, use the singular pronoun. In “Let Macy read a book and study for a test,” “she” is a singular pronoun because “macy” is a person.
In “Students need help finding a classroom when they arrive on the first day of school,” “she” is a plural pronoun because “student” refers to more than one person.
- Use “I” and “me” in the correct context. “I” is used when you are the person performing the action in a sentence. “Me” is used when an action is performed on you in a sentence. Both of these pronouns refer to the same person, that is, yourself, which can be confusing.
Do not confuse these. For example, if you say “I studied for an exam”, it is correct to use “I” because you are studying. “Me studied for the exam” is not correct. In “She took me home”, “Me” is taken home. “She took I home” is wrong
- Take a writing or grammar course. In the grammar lesson, you will learn how to use the correct grammar to create a complete sentence.
The more you practice speaking and reading, the better you will understand the grammar when writing sentences in both text and speech.
Poor sentence patterns are more noticeable to you, and good grammar is more likely to stay in your mind.
3. Improve Your Vocabulary
- Read a book in English- Reading is a great way to increase your vocabulary while understanding the correct context of a word. Looking at the various words in a sentence is much more useful than just looking them up.
Use the dictionary as you read to look up words you don’t understand. Please read the material that you find interesting. Novels, newspapers, or even comics are a great way to learn English words.
- Download the English app- Download to your phone an app that will help you speak English correctly. Write or remember each word and its definition to increase your daily vocabulary.
- Do not use the word “like” as a filler word. When talking or talking for a long time, it’s a good idea to pause between words and sentences. A common mistake people make is to fill a pause while speaking with the word “like”.
If you like something, or if you compare things, use the word “like”. The use of word “No” is also used frequently by mistake.
WHAT IS MENTORPLUS?
MENTORPLUS – PROFESSIONAL ENGLISH SPEAKING PRACTISE APP THAT HELPS STUDENTS TO SPEAK PROPER, GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT, FLUENT ENGLISH WITH MENTORS WHO ARE PROFESSIONAL HR INTERVIEWERS. MENTORPLUS GUIDES STUDENTS WITH ENGLISH PRACTICE AND PERSONALISED FEEDBACK TO PASS INTERVIEWS IN JUST 20 LIVE SESSIONS.