Don’t you agree that good academic performance and sound expertise alone are not enough to guarantee your job? Is personnel round really the end of the hiring process for a company?
Tips to keep in mind before an Interview-
- Research the company.
- Research your interviewer.
- Prepare a set of questions.
- Conduct a mock interview.
- Print out physical copies of your resume.
- Eat a healthy meal before the interview.
- Clean and press your clothes.
- Dress for the role.
- Wear your confidence
Of course, all companies conduct a series of HR interviews to evaluate your personality, strengths, weaknesses, ability to handle roles, background checks, and to understand if you are fit for the job.
Below are mindblowing Important HR Questions, that you should keep in mind before preparing for an HR interview.
1. TELL ME SOMETHING ABOUT YOURSELF ?
When introducing yourself, remember the interviewer wants to have a basic idea about YOU.
Let us break the self-introduction for interviews into parts–
- Your name ?
- Where are you from (Place) ?
- What have you studied?
- Who are you (professional)?
For more guidance, check out our blog on- HOW TO GIVE SELF INTRODUCTION IN AN INTERVIEW FOR FRESHERS
2. What are your Strength & Weakness?
Share your 2-3 strengths with examples of life instincts and support your statement. For example –
I consider my strengths to be:
- I am a very Honest person as whenever I’m in the shop & if shopkeeper returns me some extra money then I always inform him & return the money.
- I have very good Leadership skills. → I’m was captain of the cricket team in my school. I lead the team we won many tournaments.
Remember your weakness is your area of improvement. Never quote behavioral or personal weaknesses (Eg. emotional, impatient, short-tempered). Include technical skills where you lag . For example –
I consider my area of improvement to be
- advanced excel
- python language
- less experience
3. Why do you want to join this company?
Here the interviewer expects to explain why you think it will be a valuable asset to your company.
I have always thought that your company is at the forefront of innovation. Your recent market entry has proven to be a huge success, and in the long run, no other company can think of using it to develop my initial skills.
4. Why should I hire you?
The interviewer wants to know all your qualities & why you’re the best suitable candidate for this role as a comparison to others.
Sir / Madam, you may have come across my resume as I’m am a fresher in this industry. But I believe this will bring benefits as it will bring the motivation and dedication to learning and applying new things to your organization. I may not have practical knowledge in this area. However, through my research, I dig deeper into the subject and gain a deeper theoretical understanding of the major subjects used in this field.
5. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
The interviewer wants to know whether you’ll stick around 5 years in this company or not and your goals are similar to the company’s goal or not.
So your answer should have a connection between your goals & Job Description.
“My ultimate goal for the next five years is to master my position and advance into a managerial role within my department. I was drawn to the personalized training approach your company outlines on its website, and I truly believe this approach to training will allow me to learn new skills and grow within this position. Over the next five years, I see myself taking on new and exciting projects within your company that will prepare me for a management role with the organization”
6. What is the most challenging thing in your life & how did you handle it?
The interviewer wants to know your ability to handle stress and your problem-solving skills. So remember to express your challenge in a very glorified manner by being a hero of your story.
Key Elements of the story→
- Most challenging situation. (Situation)
- How did you respond? (Task)
- How you tackled the challenge? (Action/ Approach)
During my first year as a freshman, I faced the biggest challenges as a student. I’ve never lived away from home and was terribly homesick. I was almost disappointed and instead had the opportunity to go home and attend a local university. But I decided to overcome my homesickness. It was done by earnestly striving to interact with new friends in the class, dormitories, and church groups on campus.
7. What are your hobbies & Interests?
Your hobbies/Interests must have relevant skills, that you have learned and currently implementing in your life. For example –
- My hobby is camping and trecking , it has taught me very important life still of planning ahead before anything taking a step.
- Cooking or gardening are my interest as it teaches me about self-care and self-love.
8. What are your achievement?
The interviewer wants to know about 3 things-
- If you’re down to earth
- What you consider successful and how to connect it to your work or career
- If you are success-oriented, have you done something beyond your given work
“Well, as a recent graduate of XYZ University, I think my biggest achievement was what I achieved during my stay there. My scholarship covers only half of the tuition and my family Couldn’t help me financially. In addition, I wanted to gain work experience during my stay so that I could start working immediately after studying. “
Only answering the HR questions correctly is not the key to cracking HR round, the most important aspect is to communicate your thoughts/answer in a proper, grammatically correct English language.
How to communicate properly?
- Never interrupt the interviewer and let them direct your interview
- Don’t get hesitant or scared, or more tips, check out our blog on – HOW TO GET RID OF HESITATION IN JOB INTERVIEW?
- Use a clear and concise answer-don’t deviate.
- When answering questions, do not use filler words such as “know,” “um,” or “like.”
- Never exaggerate or do anything negative.
- Listen to what is being asked and respond appropriately.
- Use proper grammar – no slang or dangling participles, for more tips, check out our blog on- HOW TO SPEAK PROPER ENGLISH
WHAT IS MENTORPLUS?
https://mentorplus.co.in/ MENTORPLUS – PROFESSIONAL ENGLISH SPEAKING PRACTISE APP THAT HELPS STUDENTS TO SPEAK PROPER, GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT, FLUENT ENGLISH WITH MENTORS WHO ARE PROFESSIONAL HR INTERVIEWERS. MENTORPLUS GUIDES STUDENTS WITH ENGLISH PRACTICE AND PERSONALISED FEEDBACK TO PASS INTERVIEWS IN JUST 20 LIVE SESSIONS.
Job interview mistakes to avoid
- Unclear answers and rambling/avoid mumbling or speaking too fast
- Speaking negatively about current or past employers
- Lying on your CV and at the interview
- Turning up late
- Swearing and using offensive language or gestures